1. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. Learn more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only if the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is best to go through an alternative store.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are easily found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
4. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider signing up for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, so the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.
5. Make it a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to your price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.