1. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember if you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they will also obtain a reputation as a seller.
2. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. When a company includes a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and coupon codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter should you really like their products and services and would use a promotion code.
4. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
5. Shop around while shopping online. You might find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at a few different stores to learn their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to obtain the best deal you can.