1. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer support is and just how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have when something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
4. Although it may look tedious, be sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase with a website. These documents have valuable information on what you can and cannot do when you have a concern with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to come back items.
5. Be extra careful when you try to find shopping deals on social media. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social networking accounts can easily be impersonated or perhaps out-right hacked. Get your info on the social networks, then proceed directly to the main site of the store mentioned to wheel and deal.