1. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider applying for a separate credit card to use simply for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions should they be the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. Always look for coupon codes when shopping on the web. Many internet retailers give out reductions for various things and you can locate them by performing a simple search. Just enter in the name in the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This can be a great way to save money when you shop online.
4. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
5. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated whenever you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's arriving at you fairly!