1. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer care representative to fix any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can give you a lot of reassurance.
2. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
4. Be extra careful when you try to find shopping deals on social networking. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media accounts can be simply impersonated or even out-right hacked. Get your information on the social networks, then proceed directly to the primary site of the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
5. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. As an example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store near you, you can look on the store's website and find out if they are offered to be shipped to you.