1. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which often have promotions and sales. This can lead to savings for you as you may get yourself a discount around the item as well as free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
2. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.
3. When shopping online, use a credit card rather than a debit card. This is because charge cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. When a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.
4. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
5. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. When you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.