1. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and find out that being a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop someplace else.
2. Prior to making a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Try to find special coupons and offers on these websites to successfully are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into what it will cost for your shipping on your own items and when there are free delivery options available to you.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
4. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to read the description so you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
5. If you are going to get doing some shopping on the web, make sure you understand the liability for each credit card you use online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built-in while others offer it for any minimal fee. You do not want to get stuck with purchases made on your card when the number is stolen.