1. When you shop online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
2. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one which has a better reputation.
3. If you like an online store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. When shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.