1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. When you shop online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
3. If you are going to be shopping online, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one which you have at home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
4. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and find out that as a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.