1. When you enjoy the convenience of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every few weeks approximately, make up a brand new password to your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
2. Find out more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only when the store features a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is best to go through another store.
3. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
4. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
5. Do more research in the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with the excellent reputation.