1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
2. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, make sure that you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You could even want to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
3. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
4. Online shopping is a wonderful way to save money as you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save even more money.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.