1. When you shop online, make sure the site you are on starts off with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. If a site lacks the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.
2. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
3. Take the time to browse through different online stores to compare and contrast the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you ought to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new products become available on a regular basis.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. When shopping online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.