1. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually accomplish this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you choose the first sale you see, you will find a chance you may miss out on a much better deal elsewhere.
2. When you are making any purchases online and you are required to create a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to check this out password, they might have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
3. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. When you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.