1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
2. Be mindful where you submit your credit card information. When you are shopping online, always use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to guard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS as opposed to the standard HTTP. There will also be a locked icon, either in your address or status bar, according to which browser you use.
3. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
4. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's arriving at you fairly!
5. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a limit and follow it.