1. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some form of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
3. When you enjoy the convenience of frequent internet shopping, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks roughly, make up a brand new password for the bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
4. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
5. When you shop online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.