1. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider obtaining a separate bank card to use simply for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions should they be the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. When you're shopping online you should be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews to them online.
3. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product will be able to give you a wise decision about the product. You could possibly find out the quality of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
5. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to create a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to see this password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.