1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. Transform it into a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to your price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
3. If you find a great product on the favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
4. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. Always look for online coupons when shopping on the net. Many online retailers give out reductions for various things and you can find them by doing a simple search. Just enter the name from the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This really is a great way to save money when you shop online.