1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. To protect yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't want to be spending your money using a company that fails to offer.
5. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big fascination with the brand, so the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.