1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted your order detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've experienced a good experience from them, and they will also gain a reputation as a seller.
4. While shopping online, be sure the site you might be on starts off with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that you could safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. In case a site does not have the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.
5. Always look for discount codes when shopping on the Internet. Many online retailers give out reductions for various things and you can locate them by doing a simple search. Just enter in the name from the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This really is a great way to cut costs when you shop online.