1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
2. When searching out the best price for a big ticket item, make sure to check the store reviews to see if other customers had a good knowledge about them. Additionally it is a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau as well. You want to make sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer care is and just how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have when something fails after you've made your purchase.
4. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer support representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can give you a lot of peace of mind.
5. If you find a great product on the favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to successfully can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.