1. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
2. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a limit and follow it.
3. When you are searching for a location to buy a specific thing and no results appear to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your data. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not to take your money.
4. In order to buy a used product online, learn more about the seller first. You should visit their profile and look for reviews authored by other shoppers who bought products out of this seller. Do not hesitate to contact the seller to question a few questions regarding the product you are interested in.
5. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL plus it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.