1. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
4. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
5. While shopping online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy to get the best price for just about any items. While shopping around, make certain you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.