1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Find out more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only when the store features a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is best to go through an alternative store.
3. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, specifically if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
5. Take time to browse through different online stores to compare the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new items become available on a regular basis.