1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. Be wary for any emails you obtain, even if they appear to be coming from a retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a website other than usually the one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than simply clicking an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and enter the web site you need to go to. It is actually much safer that way.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a specific amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
4. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to produce a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
5. Before you start your web shopping, be sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Online shopping is a hotbed for suspect websites. Many people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best that you simply take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they are.