1. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember if you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they can also acquire a reputation being a seller.
2. When shopping for a particular item, check several different internet retailers. Many times with a bit of searching, you save as much as 25 %. Look at a variety of websites to make sure you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, ensure you include shipping costs in your calculations.
3. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
4. Be wary of the emails you obtain, even if they appear to be coming from a retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a site other than the main one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than simply clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter the web site you need to go to. It is much safer that way.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.